Rice Pudding with Watermelon-molasses2013-02-06
50 g. gobindobhog rice or chinigura rice
01 ltr. milk
200 g. watermelon molasses
01 pcs bay leaf
02 pcs cardamom
1/2inch cinnamon stick
10 g. raisin
Method of cooking
1. Soak the rice in water for about 25-30 minutes. After soaking, strain the rice and spread to dry it.
2. Soak the raisins in some water for swell them.
3. Put the milk, cinnamon stick, cardamom, bay leaf to a heavy deep pan and make it medium heat then wait for boiling the milk. Stir often
4. Add the rice to the milk and keep cooking on low heat. After rice become well-cooked add the watermelon molasses . Be careful about cooking rice, because after adding sugar/molasses rice will not be soft so before adding sugar/molasses rice should be well cooked. Stir often so that rice does not stick to the pan.
5. When rice and milk will turned to right consistency turn off the burner and add the raisin then stir for 3-4 minuets .
6. Payesh usually serve with hot or warm temperature but you can keep on chilled and eat cold .