Hog Plum Ambol2013-02-06
Bangladeshi and Indian Bengali peoples are used to having this ambol on summer. After lunch one cup of ambol can make good digestion and cool the stomach .Hog plum is so much tangy taste and best for making ambol .
02 pics hog plum
½ teaspoon mustard seed
01 tablespoon Salt
02 cup water
½ teaspoon. turmeric powder
02 pics dry red chili
02 teaspoon sugar
01 tablespoon mustard oil
1. Peel the hog plum and cut by segment or strip cut .
2. Heat the cooking oil in a deep pan and temper with dried red chilies and mustard seeds. Allow them to splutter.
3. Add the hog plum , salt, sugar and turmeric powder. Stir in medium heat for about 4-6 minutes or until the mango start
changing color to yellowish.
4 Then add water and cover the lid. The amount of water depends on how thick .
5. On a medium flame cook for 10 minutes or until the hog plum pieces are properly cooked.
6. Turn off the flame and let it cool down to the room temperature.