Dudh Lau / Bottle Gourd with Milk2013-02-06
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 20minuets
- Cook Time : 15 minuets
- Ready In : 35minuets
Bottle gourd cooked in liquid milk . It’s one of the popular dessert in Bangladesh .
We can call it also Bottle Gourd pudding or Bottle Gourd Payesh or Lau Payesh .
- Bottle gourd 150g.
- Liquid milk 01ltr.
- Sugar 100g.
- Raisin 20g
- Salt 01 pinch
- Bay Leaf 01pcs
- Cardamom whole 04pcs
- Cinnamon Stick 01 inch
- Ghee 01 tbsp
- Rice flour 30g.
Method of cooking
1. Take tender part of bottle gourd then peel the skin and remove seeds. Cut the bottle gourd fine Julianne and blanch it. Pressed it with a muslin cloth for reduce access water.
2. Put ghee in a medium heated pan then sauté bottle gourd on slow heat. Sauté bottle gourd just like al dente.
3. Put the milk, cinnamon stick, cardamom, bay leaf to a heavy deep pan and make it medium heat then wait for boiling the milk. Stir often .
4. Add the bottle gourd to the milk and keep cooking on low heat. Add the sugar, salt and add rice flour for making thick. Stir often so that bottle gourd does not stick to the pan.
5. When bottle gourd and milk will turned to right consistency turn off the burner and add the raisin, almond, then stir for 3-4 minuets .
6. Dudh lau usually serve with hot or warm temperature but you can keep on chilled and eat cold .